Volunteer for BARCS
Volunteers are the heart of BARCS and without their time, talents, and resources we would not be able to save the lives of over 10,000 animals each year. Whether you have a free day on the weekend or an occasional hour after work, there is a place for you at BARCS. Join us today to help change an animal’s life forever. With your commitment and assistance, we will work together to make the organization successful in promoting animal welfare, providing lifesaving resources to our community, and giving shelter animals some much-needed love and attention!
Our Greatest Need (Updated April 2021)
Our shelter is filling back up with animals who need your help! We are currently recruiting volunteers for most roles, but are in greatest need of volunteers who are able to:
- Walk large adult dogs
- Socialize adult cats
- Transport animals (must have your own vehicle)
One-on-one training is provided to all volunteers. In addition, we have an active Facebook group of peer volunteers willing to help new volunteers learn the ropes. Click here for a list of all volunteer opportunities at BARCS.
Join our Volunteer Team
To join our volunteer team, please email email@example.com with what volunteer job you are interested in.
Please note that training priority will be given first to those able to begin immediately helping with our greatest needs listed above!
BARCS volunteer age guide:
- 18+ years old: No baseline restrictions
- 16-17 years old: No dog handling
- 13-15 years old: Must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times while at the shelter. Can socialize cats, no dog handling
- Under 13 years old: While children under 13 years old are not able to volunteer in our typical volunteer duties, we have a variety of community outreach programs and at-home projects available. Check them out here!
*All BARCS volunteers must have health insurance.
Looking for group project opportunities for your business or community organization? Click here.