Make a Big Impact With a Future Gift
Including BARCS in your legacy planning allows you to make a powerful statement about your love of animals. Whether you have cared for pets for your entire life or have only recently been touched by the warm love of a dog or cat, you can create a lasting positive change for so many vulnerable animals and help shape a bright future for our community’s homeless pets. Your gift will be your legacy of providing a safe haven at BARCS for animals in need for generations to come.
Legacy Circle gifts are so special because they ensure the future of BARCS and provide loving care, shelter, food, medicine and warm new homes for thousands of animals in need.
Join BARCS Legacy Circle:
Include BARCS in Your Plans
There are many ways to benefit the animals at BARCS as you make your legacy giving plans:
- Name the Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter (BARCS) as a beneficiary in a Will or Living Trust
- Make a gift of cash or appreciated securities to establish a charitable gift annuity for BARCS
- Name BARCS as the beneficiary of a paid life insurance policy or a retirement account
- When planning your IRA withdrawal strategy, you may want to consider making charitable donations through a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD). A QCD is a direct transfer of funds from your IRA custodian, payable to a qualified charity, such as BARCS. QCDs can be counted toward satisfying your required minimum distributions (RMDs) for the year, as long as certain rules are met. Because your gift goes directly to BARCS without passing through your hands, the dollar amount of the gift may be excluded from your taxable income, with some exceptions. Please consult your tax advisor for information regarding your specific exceptions.
- Create a charitable remainder trust (CRT) and name BARCS as the beneficiary
Legal Name: Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter, Inc.
Legal Address: 2490 Giles Road, Baltimore, Maryland 21225
Federal Tax ID: 86-1130456
Type of Organization: 501(c)(3) nonprofit
Here is some sample language you can use:
Sample Bequest of Specific Dollar Amount: "I give, devise, and bequeath $_____ to the Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter (BARCS), TAX I.D. #86-113046. BARCS may be contacted at 2490 Giles Road, Baltimore, MD 21225, (410) 396-4695.
Sample Bequest of Remainder of Estate: "I give, devise, and bequeath to the Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter (BARCS), TAX I.D. #86-1130456, all [or state the fraction or percentage] of the rest, residue, and remainder of my estate, both real and personal. BARCS may be contacted at 2490 Giles Road, Baltimore, MD 21225, (410) 396-4695.
If you have already prepared a will and wish to include BARCS, click HERE for sample wording for the codicil, an addendum to add BARCS to your legacy plan.
Would You Like More Information?
For more information about the BARCS Legacy Circle, please contact JoAnn Goldberger, Director of Shelter Advancement, at email@example.com or call (410) 396-4695 and press #4.
We hope you will consider becoming a member of the BARCS Legacy Circle.
If you already have your legacy plans in place, please download our Legacy Circle Membership Form and return it to BARCS at the address above or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. While this form is not required or legally binding, it can help us to plan for the future.
Over 60% of Americans do not have a will. If you do not have an attorney and want to create your own no-cost will, you can learn more here:
Note: The Baltimore Animal Rescue and Care Shelter does not provide legal, tax or financial advice. You are encouraged to consult your own professional advisors for more information on making a legacy gift.